Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Pooped


Tanner tried rice cereal for the first time in late July. He really liked it. After a few days he got bored though so we gave him a break. His tummy has been pretty sensitive to the foods I eat. So far I've cut out all dairy, onions, tomatoes, and some wheat. I probably should cut out chocolate and sugar... but that's too hard!

We actually ended up taking Tanner to the hospital a few weeks ago because he was throwing up a lot and screaming in pain. Mike was feeding him a bottle and then Tanner threw up a bunch of times. He looked really pale and his lips turned blue when he was crying. Scary. The doctor took an xray and it ended up that he just had a lot of gas and poop. I think he can't handle any type of formula.

The funny thing is that Tanner really does live in the moment. He was still happy when he wasn't screaming. I gave him a shower to wash off the throwup and I had a baby sponge that I washed his neck with. He was half asleep because he was exhausted, but he started laughing when I would brush the sponge under his chin. It was so cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hailee had a really bad tummy too, I had to cut out almost everything and I have not had chocolate in over a year. It made me sick when I was pregnant and my pediatrician strongly advised against it while nursing since my husband is allergic. We had Hailee on prevacid it seemed to help a lot. Good luck!